In the following video I go from start to finish on the steps to set up post on your WordPress website.
The steps are exactly or almost exactly the same as setting up a page.
Below is a checklist to follow if you want to skip watching the video
All of which are covered in detail within the video
- Select New Post
- Fill in the Title
- Permalink – write “this-is-my-first-post”
- Use “-” not “_” between words
- Lower case letters
- Write it the way you think people will search for your page
- This tells the search engines what the page is about
- Add the textIf relavent link out to someone.Put an internal link
- Change the 1st line to “Heading 1″
- The font could be styled here
- Use a variety of anchor text for your internal link
- Change picture size to 500 width – shoot for file size in the 70 range, but over 100
- Add pic
- Add Media
- Find File
- Paste in the alt text
- Make sure size set correct
- No image link
- Adding the map to the pageSelect Applicable categoryOr add category
- Set Featured Set Layout under custom layout. May have to expand the box.
- Resize image to 200 pixels by 200 pixels
- It is displayed in a couple places
- Set SEO Title
- Set Meta Description
- Select the correct Author
- Add “?rel=0” to stop other videos from playing when yours is done. <iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/NwzMwyYs0Aw?rel=0” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
If you need help with your website in York PA give a us call and we can help.