There are a few quick fixes you can apply to your site that can help boost your search rankings.
If you haven’t already done these, take a break from what you’re doing and do this first – the results will be well worth the 10 minutes it will take.
Check your robots.txt file is set to allow search engine robots to crawl you site
You can check yours by type “http://www.seo-911.com/robots.txt”
User-agent: * Disallow: Sitemap: http://www.seo-911.com/sitemap_index.xml Sitemap: http://www.seo-911.com/page-sitemap.xml Sitemap: http://www.seo-911.com/post-sitemap.xml Sitemap: http://www.seo-911.com/video-sitemap.xml
Your site map is allowing the robots complete access to crawl out site
Choose Either WWW or No-WWW But Not Both
- Search engines treat each sub-domain, including www, as a different website altogether.
- This means that if your content is accessible with the www and without the www, both will be crawled and ranked in search engines. This will hurt your overall page rank. It will effectively split yoru ranking, and reduce the number of back links to your domain.
- Pick one or the other and configure your website to redirect traffic there.
- Set Your Prefferred Domain In Google Webmaster Tools
- Sign up for Webmaster tools if you have not already done so.
Select Add a Site
- Add Both the non www and the www version of your domain.
- So you will have both verified.
- The select the non www version and go to configurations and settings and choose the preferred domain. Save changes and repeat the the www version of the domain.
Next Go To Bing Webmaster Tools and Register Your Website There
- With our web design service we do all of this for you.
While on Bing also submit your site map for the Bingbots to index your website
With a wordpress website and using WordPress SEO by Yoast the site map is automatically updated. I did have a problem with the sitemaps for Yoast returning as page error for the post-sitemap so I switch with Google XML Sitemaps .