Do You Hear Everyone Talking About Creating Content For Your Website? What Is “Content”?
Traditional forms of advertising are not as effective as they once where. We are talking about newspaper adverting, radio commercials, billboards, etc.
What Is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is marketing that creates and distributes information that is relevant to a consumer or business that is searching to solve a problem, pain, desire or need. It is not to be “Salesy” in nature but to inform the consumer or business to help them make an informed decision that is best for the user (the consumer or business).
The objective would be to display that you and your business are the best choice, by way of your knowledge, expertise, fair pricing, etc.
It is communicating to your customers without selling. The information you provide to the prospect helps them make an intelligent busing desicion. The belief is that is we as marketers and/or business owners provide this valuable information we will be rewarded with the consumers or businesses business.
Not Sure What Content You Should Produce or Could Produce?
We have a ton of ideas?
All of these could be one or a mix of a blog post or web page, video, infographic.
Here are simple suggestions
- What are the top 10 questions you get asked each week? – Write a page or post that answers each one. Come back later and make a video for each and a separate blog post for each.
- What are 5 unique problems you solved for customers this week. Make a video and blog post for each.
- Product Demonstration Video or Blog Post. Do you sell the same product but from different manufactures. Give a video review of each. Help the buyer make an informed decision.
- Post these on You Tube, Facebook, Your website.
- Tips people can do on there own before they call you – Example Furnace not working? Check the batteries in the thermostat.
The problem I see it that small business owners do not get started.
They have the tools but they just don’t start. They have Paralysis Analysis which wikipedia defines as:
Analysis paralysis or paralysis of analysis is the state of over-analyzing (or over-thinking) a situation so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralyzing the outcome. A decision can be treated as over-complicated, with too many detailed options, so that a choice is never made, rather than try something and change if a major problem arises. A person might be seeking the optimal or “perfect” solution upfront, and fear making any decision which could lead to erroneous results, when on the way to a better solution.
We Are Here To Help
Check out a Blog Post we wrote with 27 marketing strategies for your small business.
- We provide many of the tools for you to pursue these strategies on your own. But is does take time to produce content. And really everyday the search engines and consumers are getting smarter, you need to produce great content.
- You need to FOCUS – together we will decide what your strengths are and what you enjoy doing and what you want us to do. You need to pick an area – crush it, and then move to the next area. Avoid have too many irons in the fire and having none of them work.
- We do not work for free. And you know you should focus your time on what you do best which is building your business and servicing your customer. Let us help you get started and make you stand out as the expert that you are.
- Give us a call at 717-814-9579 (leave a message if now answer, we will call you back shortly).